Monday 14 October 2013

NOTD: Love Thy Polish, Zombie Brains (LE)

Zombie Brains by Love Thy Polish is a lovely limited edition Halloween polish that steers away from orange, swamp green and black, and manages to be super pretty while still looking very much like its name!


Zombie Brains looks just like, well, zombie brains! Lovely grey matter with pink fleshy bits and white specks of skull fragments...getting too gross? Sorry! Luckily there is nothing gross about this creamy dove grey, it's dotted with large and small hot pink sequins, tiny white dots, and a hint of super fine black and white micro shimmer in the background. It's a lovely feminine combination and the larger pink sequins are very eye catching and blingy :)


I used two coats, application was smooth and I didn't have to try too hard to get the pink dots placed where I wanted them. Dry time was surprisingly fast and the finish is nice and shiny.

EDIT: my computer makes things look a bit washed out so I enhanced the original photos, but when I saw the blog on another computer I thought the colour was a bit intense and not quite true to life, so below is the original photo with no filters or editing.

 
My Love Thy Polish order contained six shades, this is the only one I purchased in full size because it's limited edition and I'd hate to run out! The rest of the colours are minis, they're all gorgeous and I will be reviewing each of them shortly, I've already swatched them and they're all fabulous to work with, smooth application and fast drying time. Here's a sneak peek:

 Love Thy Polish is an Australian Indie brand, with fun, creative polishes, cute names and great formulas, including some fabulous linear holos! Custom made polish shades are available on request - what a great idea for a bridal shower or wedding/party favours! 

Love Thy Polish is available for purchase from their website, www.lovethypolish.com - there are other stockists as well which are listed on the website, and the polishes are available for international buyers. I definitely recommend you snap up Zombie Brains before Halloween!







2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome on you :D Thanks so much for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU Emma, I love all my new polishes! I added a new photo as I thought the others were a bit bright and not quite true to the real colour :)

    ReplyDelete