Saturday 14 September 2013

NOTD: Rainbow Honey, The Kraken

I am a nail polish addict - I will write a comprehensive review on polishes from time to time if they're particularly good (or really bad!), but my NOTD tag will be for posts like this, a quick description and a photo of the nail polish I'm wearing right now - I am happy to respond to questions if you would like to know more! 

The Kraken by Rainbow Honey is far and away the prettiest polish I've laid eyes on in a long time, so it gets to be first!

The Kraken makes me think of scuba diving in the crystal aqua waters of the Caribbean and discovering a sunken treasure chest spilling over with gold and emeralds. It's truly stunning, and it dries quite smooth and shiny for such a glitter-packed polish - I didn't use a top coat and normally I'd use a couple of layers over a glitter. It gets a little bit thick once you're doing the second coat, but it's very easy to work with and dries super fast. It is absolutely packed with glitter - I used two coats for the pic above.

I received this polish in a Wantable beauty subscription box, but they are available for purchase in Australia (for AUD$11.85) from Femme Fatale, a fantastic site for international and indie brands (A England polishes are available from there at great prices too).

No comments:

Post a Comment